I was so excited to get to century(losing over 100 lbs) but now that I'm there, it doesn't feel any different. I've been there for a few weeks now and my weight was just sitting at 101. Now, I've had my 5th fill (my last one was in the beginning of April) and the scale is my friend again. As of today, I'm down 104 lbs. I'm banded just about 11 months now. Insane! I can't believe my bandiversary is around the corner and I'm almost at goal!
I look more and more at other people and ask my mom or a friend "Am I bigger than her?" because I feel that big and every time, they say "No way!". So why do I still feel just as big as before?
I am definitely more critical of myself now than when I weighed 286 lbs. I know, I know...But I think I realized WHY I do that...
When you're fat, you know that other people know you're fat. They take one look at you and don't think anything but "damn that girl is fat". So being fat, you don't care what you look like because no matter how hard you try, you're still seen as the disgusting, fat girl. Yet now, when I look in the mirror, I care what I look like. I notice the fat here and the fat there. And knowing that more people will notice me because I'm looking better, I feel they will be able to pinpoint my specific negatives.
Plus, no matter how thin someone is, no one is EVER happy with the way they look. I have friends who are size 2 and still whine "omg I'm sooo fat". Seriously!!!
So will I ever be happy with my weightloss other than I don't look like a blob?
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
To Century and Beyond!!!
Posted by Beautiful Butterfly 2 Be at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment